The following donations were approved:
- $1000 - Youth Service America for Project Ignition
- $250 - Anonymous for Project Ignition
- $250 - Illinois Educators Credit Union for the high school language department
- $250 - Atlas agency to the district
- $2200 - Anonymous to high school basketball
- $50 - Ron and Carol Bielfeldt to the GCMS FFA program
The following volunteer coaches were approved:
- Susan Riley for the high school scholastic bowl team
- Cameron Schwing for the middle school wrestling program
The Board discussed the early college and career academy with Parkland College. Seniors will be eligible the first year with juniors included thereafter. Transportation and fees were discussed and no further action was taken at this time.
The district's crisis plan was reviewed and it was found that most of the items on the list complied last year have been completed. All mandated drills have been completed at all three schools. The ALICE drill that included local law enforcement was completed at the high school.
This week is "School Board Appreciation Week" with superintendent Anthonly Galindo giving each board member a certificate of recogniton for their service to GCMS.
Susan Riley of the GCMS Interact Club thanked the Board for their support for their trip to Joplin, Missouri.